Five Daily Essentials


G L A S S E S
I like having a choice of glasses; I have three pairs - white, black & duo-tone. Glasses are the ultimate accessory and I feel a little sad for those who do not have the pleasure of wearing them.

L I P   B A L M
For obvious reasons.

M O L E S K I N E   &   P E N C I L
I feel terribly self-conscious drawing in public, however, you never quite know when you're going to find something you simply must make a note of.. Some people prefer to write in black ink as opposed to blue, I prefer to write in pencil.

C A M E R A
Taking a camera with me wherever I go is a habit I'd like to encourage. Holding a camera in public spaces requires a fair amount of courage, since it seems the whole world suddenly becomes interested in what you are photographing and why. Toy cameras are so discreet it's easy to snap a few shots before anyone notices. The camera I use on a daily basis is a Canon 550D.

B O O K
I read walking down the street, on the bus, in traffic jams, on breaks at work, in the bath, waiting in queues.. literally everywhere at any opportunity and most definitely every single day.

8 comments:

  1. Wow I love your duo tone glasses so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree on the glasses and book! (Hmmm, did I just sound like a nerd? :) ) I love that I can ditch my contacts on days when I rather feel like wearing my (light pink, almost-cats-eye) glasses for an extra touch to my outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you read while walking down the street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I N G R I D: Thank you; they are a recent purchase.

    C A R M I A: I was considering wearing contacts again for an extra option.. although I think I would miss my glasses far too much.

    C H E R R Y: Oh I will read absolutely anywhere; I often receive baffled looks - especially when I am trying to balance everything whilst reading in the queue at the supermarket - if it means getting a few extra pages read, however, I will do it regardless of the peculiar looks of amusement!

    F A B R I K E N: Jonathan Safran Foer is one of my favourite authors - this book in particular has made me laugh out loud and cry.. in public. Embarrassing but I suppose a compliment to his beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how is that book? I love 'Everything is illuminated' such a fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G E M M A: Oh you must read 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close'. It broke my heart; it's one of the most beautiful books I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great essentials. I love that book so much!

    ReplyDelete